Monday, October 20, 2008

Outlook Not So Good - Halloween Update

I don't need a knitting-Magic-8-Ball to know that I'm probably not going to finish the Not-So-Baby Yoda Jacket in time for the parade this coming Saturday. :(

The intarsia and folded hem took much more time than I expected and I am HATING the Patons SWS Soy/Wool. It is too splitty. Still wondering why I chose that yarn - especially since it is handwash only. Hello! This sweater if for a little kid who stills wears more food than he gets in his mouth.

I think I have 12 rows of the body done - I need to get to row 47 to start the armhole decreases and the whole thing will be 80 rows PLUS the sleeves. By Saturday morning. With a 10+ month old who doesn't sleep.

I will be shocked and amazed if I can pull this off.

And as to whether the Leia hat will be done, my sources say no. That is being re-thought in some kind of fleece or jersey (whatever is cheap at the fabric store and whatever cheapo hat I can find to stick some big buns onto). So that means I have two skeins of Lion Brand Thick & Quick Chenille in black. I'll put that with the khaki skeins I have from years ago when I thought I would crochet a lap blanket (AS IF). I really don't like this yarn (I'm seeing a pattern here . . .). It has no stretch so it is tough to work. I'm thinking maybe I can make little softies - like bears or dogs maybe - to use it up.

Anyway, it is more important that the Boy have his Yoda than his mom have her Leia. MUST KNIT!

No comments: