Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!




I'm so excited to be working on some fun projects (all inspired by things I first saw on Ravelry).

For the Boy's first Halloween, Master Yoda he will be. The Felt-to-Fit Yoda hat (with a few modifications) is riotous. I saw a photo of the Yoda Toes somewhere on Ravelry and have kind-of fudged a "pattern" by cobbling together a few free patterns I've found on-line. And of course, the ubiquitous (Not-So-) Baby Yoda Sweater.

The hat & toes are almost done. I need to stiffen the ears with glue per the pattern instructions. One footie is done and the other is about 2" from complete. I ran out of yarn and was just in A.C. Moore this afternoon trying to find a matching ball to finish up.

I haven't even cast-on the Not-So-Baby Yoda but I anticipate that it will go quickly. I hope to incorporate some lettering into the hem (see annypurls version of the Baby Yoda - I so have a knitting crush on this chick!).

For me, I'm doing an improvised Leia wig. It is silly and fun. I am almost done with one of the giant buns. If I have time, I will re-do the beanie as I'm not too happy with the shaping. I found a pattern on Lion Yarns using the same weight yarn and needle size I am using so hopefully that will make a better hat than I currently have.

I am so excited about these projects but the deadline is looming large - the big parade is Saturday the 25th!

No comments: